Welcome to week 1 of my physical activity and wellness blog! This week was an amazing week of activity and wellness. On Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I did Pilates workout videos at home and most of these days I also walked on the trail behind my house! On Wednesday and Saturday, I got to go down to Wrightsville Beach and walk the Loop. Sunday I went to the gym and ran on the elliptical (this is a great alternative to the treadmill or trail running for me because I have hip problems). I love the Pilates videos I use and have been able to stay super consistent with them since I can do them just about anywhere, my favorite location being my living room here at school. At the start and end of my Pilates (and a little bit throughout), I do stretches to help with my flexibility. Walking the trail behind my house is also a super easy thing to do since it's right there and I like to listen to a podcast or call a friend or family member to catch up while I walk. It has also helped me value the nature around me more. I love walking the Loop when I get a chance because it is so beautiful and having that makes me even more encouraged to exercise. I like to try and do my Pilates every day before dinner because eating before I exercise and upset my stomach and then after eating dinner I have been trying to go for a walk. I want to continue adding in more cardio and finding cardio I enjoy so that is why I added in a day of running this week but I want to continue to add more. I cannot wait to catch up with you all next week! Below I will have attached one of the Pilates videos I like to do and a picture from my run on the elliptical!
My elliptical workout stats:
Comments
Post a Comment